Sunday, August 10, 2008

What if you die?

Before we left for Utah dg4 made me nervous.

"What if you die?"
"We're not going to die."
"But what if you do?"
"We won't."
"But what if you go near an edge?"
"Like a cliff? Don't worry, I don't think there are any cliffs." Actually, I now know there are a few.
"What if you fall asleep?"
"I won't."
"But what if you do?"
"I'll have mommy drive."
"What if mommy is tired."
"I'll drive."
"What if you're both tired?" Geez.
"We'll get a hotel."
"What if there isn't one?"
"We'll sleep in the car. Don't worry buddy, we're not going to die, I promise."

After the conversation I called my Dad, Sister and Mother-in-law and asked them, "Do you guys know who we want to have custody of the kids if we die?" Needless to say he got me thinking about it all. As it turns out, all is well, we didn't die. It was a promise I really wanted to keep. By the way, for the blog record anyway, Sariah gets the kids.

1 comment:

kateonbroadway said...

I KNEW THAT TRIVIA FACT!! Don't worry pop. I totally know Sariah gets the chillens.

But daddy, please don't die.