Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Post 100, reserved for the Mrs.

I've been asked to be a guest writer in honor of Gm's 100th post. So here goes.

Since the details differ slightly on how we met I'm going to set the record straight. Gm & I met in my 1st semester out of high school in Art 100. I took the class so I could get into photo classes. Gm was just coming back to school after a break. Gm first came up to me while we were doing perspective drawings outside of a Pima Community College building. He sat down on the edge of an ash tray full of water. I offered him a seat on the bench besides me but he was to busy being a gentlemen. The next week Gm asked me if "I'd like to go see Braveheart?" I said, "I'd like to go see a movie with him but not that one." He replied, "Your Mormon aren't you." I was a little embarrassed but answered, "Yes." We ended up going to see The Net with Sandra Bullock.

Later on into our engagement time I found out that when Gm learned that I lived in Rita Ranch he didn't want to come pick me up for our first date. So I drove to Gm's apartment and picked him up. Let me add that I truly believe that our being together was destined because I did not know Gm's phone number, nor the name of his apartment complex and I had only being driving for 2 months at the time of our first date. But I made it and we had a great time at the movies.

After the movie Gm invited me to his apartment for ice cream. I remember talking to Ah before my date telling her that I didn't know that much about Gm and that if he tried anything that I was going to punch him. So I went into Gm's apartment and Gm opened up his windows and front door to make me feel at ease. I was so nervous that while we sat to eat our ice cream I sat on the coffee table as close to the door and far away from Gm. I didn't know what Gm's expectations were and I didn't want to waste time on him so as nervous as I was I told him what my expectations were. Number one I didn't smoke and I wasn't going to smoke. Two I didn't drink and I wasn't going to and three I was going to be married in the temple and there wasn't anything that was going to stop me. My body & voice was all shaky. And after I finished my shpiel Gm grabbed the remote I had been sitting on and hadn't even noticed.

Later he told me that what I had told him was such a breath of fresh air that he had been looking for and that I had hooked him from that very moment. Three months later we were engaged and 1 year later we were sealed in the San Diego Temple.

2 comments:

kateonbroadway said...

whatdoesthatmean?

Joanna said...

I think that's great! I had never heard how you two had met.