Saturday, August 16, 2008

Urban Legend

When I was a kid I lived on Aggie Circle in El Paso, TX. I don't remember much about it I liked. Smurf's were big then, about 1981. There were a lot of urban legends going around about how a Smurf stuffed doll ripped and it began to bleed. It was all nonsense, but I was 11.

gj was 8 and she owned a stuffed Papa Smurf, leader of the clan. She would make her bed and put Papa on her pillow each morning. Girls.

One night I stole into her room as she readied for bed and hid in the corner. I was going to scare the crap out of her. She beebopped into bed, got under the covers and threw that Papa Smurf right at me. "She sees me!" I thought, so I threw the Papa Smurf back at her.

Well, she hadn't see me and that night at least, my Mom rocked her to sleep.

2 comments:

kateonbroadway said...

aww =( That's really sad! she must have been FREAKED.

Diane said...

OMG!! I bet she was scared to death!! But for some reason I can't stop laughing!!!