Monday, August 25, 2008

Puke, for puke's sake

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. They're great guys. Elder's Grant and Manwill. We had good laughs with our dinner. After they left it was a free-for-all fight in the living room. Me vs. "the boys." It ended ugly.

First, you wouldn't fill a balloon with puke and run around with it, jostle it, drop it, hit it with pillows. I recommend not doing it with children either.

Second, keep the child who still retains his food away from the child who chucked his up.

I through a pillow and dg4 stumbled into the wall and hit his head. He came to me wailing bloody murder. I said, it's just drywall calm down. His response, take it up a notch. His little tummy's response??? Let it all hang out.

He was in my lap. I immediately went into containment mode. I slapped my knees together tight and directed his spewing melon into my lap. Save the carpet, save the carpet, save the carpet, (he's not choking too is he?), save the carpet, take a breath little man, save the carpet.

After a few seconds he stopped. Carpet saved, internal celebration, yes even though my lap is full of puke. And then...

He just came too close, that's all there is for it. I think a whiff of puke overcame him and wg2, outside the ring of protection, vomited on the unprotected floor. I'll admit, I almost lost it. If I had lost it the post title would likely read, "Puke Fest 2008."

No comments: