Monday, August 4, 2008

Fiction

"You're life's about to change."
"I don't want it to change."
"Too late for that, no matter what you do, you're about to be different. What are you going to do?"
"I don't want it."
"What does that mean?"
"It means I don't want it."
"I heard you."
"I'll figure it out."
"I'm not leaving until you tell me what you mean."
"I want an abortion."
"Why not adoption?"
"I don't want to get close to it."
"You don't have to be close to it. They take it away right after."
"But it will kick. It will move. It will grow. I know I'll bond with it."
"You don't know it. You've never done it."
"Neither have you."
"No. I haven't, but if I'd had my way we wouldn't be having this discussion at all."
"It's not a discussion."
"That's what your mother said. It's the only time I remember being grateful she was selfish."

1 comment:

Joe said...

Excellent. Thanks for the title. I would have jumped to conclusions.