Sunday, November 16, 2008

A syllogism

People have beliefs.
People act.
All people act according to their beliefs.

The other day a man said something that was a new thought for me regarding Christ. He said-ish, "Some people are inactive in the church and some people are active and still others consecrate themselves to God."

It never occurred to me to think that my actions may be only those of an active man. I have not always fulfilled my duties and yet I have been blessed. However, I believe the greatest blessings are outstanding and they are predicated on my faithfulness, on a change of heart. And I believe they are not my blessings alone, but blessings for my family hang in the balance as well. It is my job to strengthen them. I love my family very much and am grateful for the time I have been given.

I consider the bar raised. I will reach higher.

1 comment:

kateonbroadway said...

you're catching up to me in posts- I have 196, you have 193. Intense. Another blog title challenge: Quotes from your favorite authors.