Monday, November 24, 2008

"Round is a shape"

I've always hated that quote. Many a true thing are said in jest and all. I'm at a hulking 237 and today I re-entered the racquetball arena. I played well, but differently. I'm no longer a warrior, now I play more like a chief. I placed the ball well, and engaged the enemy as little as possible. When I did engage I realized it was a bad idea and immediately recommitted to let the ball come to me.

Racquetball is a game of patience, not power. You can't tell a young man that. I never could learn it. It has apparently taken a high heart rate on a short effort and tentative knees to teach me. It was great fun. I love the competition.

Wg3 is a lefty. I thought of that on the court today as I served to my friend's non-dominant hand. I hope one day he, dg5 and I will play cutthroat racquetball. I wonder what it will be like against a lefty. If he is as full-throttle then as he is now it should be great fun.

No comments: