Sunday, November 16, 2008

I spy with my little eye...

On the long drive to Grandma and Grandpa H's we often play 'I Spy' with the boys to prevent anarchy. Dg5 gets it. I spy something "green" or "red" and then we guess until we get it. Wg3 however does not get it.

When it is wg3's turn he invariably says, "I spy with my little eye, um, a green tree."
"Is it a green tree," we ask?
"Yep!"

There are variants of course. "I spy with my little eye, um, a blue sky" or "a red stoplight." He just doesn't get that we're supposed to be guessing the thing he's telling us. Cute little fella.

I feel sorry for him when he's guessing though. He has a hard time getting in a word edgewise and he will get frustrated quickly. When he does guess he repeats most of what's already been said so sometimes I'll do something hard and take him by the hand so he can guess. He so much wants to be part of everything we do. What a sweet boy.

No comments: