Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Piano

I've been anxious lately to buy a piano.

We've never had anyone musically inclined in my family, though some have played instruments. On nh's side there is some musical ability, but not with nh. She gets frustrated pretty easily I think. When she was younger she had an oboe she smacked on the desk and broke out of frustration. (She'll probably make me take this out because it's not a moment she's proud of so read it quickly!)

I'd like the boys to have some exposure to music and the piano seems as nice a place as any for an introduction. If they like it great, if they don't then I'm cool with that too....I think.

We were preparing to buy a piano, but it appears that maybe Grandma H is willing to let us have the one in her house. I'm told it's supposed to go to Aunt SJ who can actually play the thing, but she can't get it to where she lives. I think Grandma H just wants it to stay in the family and if the boys love to play and she wants the piano then we'll buy one that's all there is for it.

No comments: