Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Off Broadway

km17 got the lead in her first musical-Oklahoma. It's in a small theater, but it's the lead!!!! I can't wait to see it.

Kait auditioned at two schools. She wasn't able to get into either. I hope college is a wake-up call for her.

In high school she was the old Nora in the play, Nora's Lost. Her performance was amazing, captivating. She made the poor guy who played opposite her look like a chump. But there are other's like her, talented, that love theater. And when they come together from every high school in America the competition gets stiff.

I've heard her sing. I've seen her act. I believe in her. I believe she can live her dream. I just think the very second she believes she's got what it takes, she's done.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations KM! That role was my wife's first lead, too, and she did a lot of musical theater until graduating from high school.

She was in ninth grade when she was in Oklahoma. I had to watch her kiss the schmuck playing the male lead.

That sucked.