Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Can't we all just get along?

wg2 picks up a stick. dg4 takes it from him and runs off.

"Dg4, did he have it first?"
"Yes."
"Then give it back."
"But I saw it first." I'm not sure where the rule comes from, but I'm sure I've used it.
"I don't care, give it back."
"But I saw it first."
"I don't care, give it back! And you know what you're going straight to bed. I'm tired of you picking on wg2 just because you can." It was actually his bedtime anyway. He didn't go to bed one minute early, but you would have thought he lost a leg.



Earlier, dg4 was in the back seat with wg2. dg4 was teasing wg2 and nh said wg2 went beserk trying to get out of the seat to pulverize his brother. And there dg4 was, just out of reach, laughing. I wish I could say I'd never done it.
This is all very normal I'm sure. I note it here just to say, we are here.

1 comment:

kateonbroadway said...

Family quarrels have a total bitterness unmatched by others. Yet it sometimes happens that they also have a kind of tang, a pleasantness beneath the unpleasantness, based on the tacit understanding that this is not for keeps; that any limb you climb out on will still be there later for you to climb back. ~Mignon McLaughlin