Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dropping out

Grandma D is not capable of progressing with her rehab. Her legs are strong enough to stand, but her brain can't get her back to straighten up. Still, she didn't seem bugged by it overmuch.

She makes strange request occasionally. Today she asked for her undergarment to be changed even though it had just been changed. She insisted. She was yelling down the hall for help. Yet she has the presence of mind to put me in my place when I tease my wife. First and middle name in "that" tone set me straight and she knows it. The whole thing is strange.

Dad is frustrated. He doesn't know how to get her across country to her home and she's not improving. He says he's not going to come every day to visit. He said she doesn't remember anyway. I don't think he knows what to do. Her ordeal is taking a lot out of him. I'm not sure it's possible for him to keep up the pace he's been setting. No one knows how Grandma D will fare.

KK comes tomorrow. She has a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy. Maybe she'll know what to do.

May God teach us all what we must do. May God give us all strength.

No comments: