Sunday, July 13, 2008

My birthday party - July 11

We had my birthday at Grandma D's rehab facility since she can't leave. It was fun and true to form my family all came. I got a body pillow, because I joked once with Nh that I was going to steal hers, money, money, gift card for some shoes, money for a rock climbing date with nh, a redeemable coupon for child care during date night !!!! Wooohooo.

And gj made me some of her much coveted cookies. mmmmm. She wont' share the recipe, it's a big deal to her. My Dad joked that she should just put a little dough in with the chocolate chips. It made me laugh again as I thought about it later. I don't know why she guards the recipe so carefully. If she's not going into business who cares? No kidding though, the cookies are off the charts good.

Oh, and the cake? It's lemon, made by my bride. mmmmmm.

1 comment:

kateonbroadway said...

That lemon cake is to die for!! YUMM.