Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th, 2008

Woke up this morning at 5:20AM. Went to Joseph's house and laid about 600 sq ft of sod. It looks good. By 8:45 AM I am showered and feel pretty good. Nh heads out to buy some OJ and I cook everyone breakfast; eggs, toast, strawberries (prepared by km). We go see Grandma D (km too!) nh heads off for a massage and km and I play Settlers on-line wirelessly. The boys play very well together in wg2's room. The boys nap and km and I play a game called 8 letters. It's fun. nh naps. The boys & nh get up and I nap. While I'm napping they make patriotic sugar cookies. I get up, we watch Design Stars on HGTV with the boys for 2 hrs. We play games, Hi-ho Cherry-O and memory. It's fun. We head down to A Mountain for fireworks. It's rained this evening so it is humid as all get out, woo. The fireworks start 45 minutes late. Dg4 slips in a puddle and has a wardrobe change. There is also fear that dg4 needs to go! There is no place to go! nh improvises and it turns out to be a false alarm. Whew. The fireworks finally get started. We can only see about 75% of them over the palm trees from the 3 tier of a parking garage. The boys lose interest very quickly. They are asleep before we get home. All in all, it's a good day. So goes the holiday.

No comments: