Monday, June 16, 2008

I think it matters to God.

I'm fat. I know it isn't going to get any easier. The spring allergies kicked my butt (hence no exercise - excuse #1) and I've eaten whatever I want (no excuse). It will especially be hard to get going. Here is my plan.

Weight Watchers for food intake.
Two Protein shakes a day.
Lift weights M-W-F. Run 1/2 hour prior to lifting weights.
Ride bike T-T for an hour before work.
On all days eat prior to exercise.
Get sleep.
Keep going, keep trying.

Did I say get sleep. Sleep will be as important as watching my food intake. These will have to be cornerstones of my effort. I must keep this commitment. It is important. My life matters. The lives of my family matter to me; I want to be a part of their lives, I have a responsibility to be a part of their lives.

My goal is not to lose the 65 pounds I'm overweight. My goal is to do the list. I believe if I do the list the weight will take care of itself. Do the list.

2 comments:

Pete Aldin said...

Give it your best. This is inspiring, you're in the battle now. Hope you find some brothers in arms who can help you fight! But yes, it matters to God, because you do. And yes, you're worth this fight.

Go for it!!

kateonbroadway said...

Proud of you =). Getting motivated is the hardest part!