Friday, September 12, 2008

Holy cwap

This morning I woke at 5 am as usual. I shuffled into the living room and tuned in to Fox News coverage of Govenor Palin's 1st interview with Charles Gibson as John McCain's VP. I left for a shower when the Hurricane Ike coverage came on.

A little while into my shower wg3 entered the bathroom.

"Dad, there's a tohm on tv."
"Is there?"
"Yeah. It's a townado and water." (How he came to this I'll never know)
"Yes, it's called a Hurricane."
"A huwwicane? Holy cwap! It's coming to Awizona."
"No. It's going to Texas."
"Texas? Whewe ag6 lives?"
"You're right. She used to live there, but she doesn't anymore."
"Oh. She's at Grandma mm's house?"
"No, she's in Korea."

dg4 comes in. Uh-oh I think. Nh isn't going to be happy. It is now 5:30am. It's a ridiculous hour for the little ones to be up. I try to get them to go back to bed. They are groggy yet engaged. My efforts are fruitless. I'm all wet and half blind without my glasses. A few minutes later I see nh and she mumbles something about it being 5 in the morning. I know. I know. Sorry.

No comments: