Saturday, September 6, 2008

An edge to my voice

When I get worked up there is an edge to my voice. I don't know it because I hear it or do it, but nh, dg4 and wg2 are quick to note it.

Yesterday nh and I were talking at the dinner table and there it was. wg2, squints, points his finger and tells me, "You don't talk to Mommy like that." What a saucy dude, I actually kind of like it.

I looked him square in the eyes, squint, point and say, "Don't you talk to me like that."
He puts his finger down, continues to squint and purses his lips a little. What a saucy dude. This picture is only a close approximation of the real thing. I'll try to capture the real deal later.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yes, you do have an edge to your voice when you're "edgy".

Samson Agonistes said...

I've gathered as much.