Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grandma D has moved

Two days ago my Dad went early in the day to visit my Grandmother. He found her in the dining room, hunched over in her chair. Worried, he immediately went to the nurses station to get help. Upon arriving he spoke with Kim, the head honcho.

Now as a little background, my grandmother has a huge open wound on her tailbone. When I go to visit her she is begging me to put her back in bed at just over an hour.

Kim responded, "I know she hasn't been put back in bed since breakfast." That was about five hours previous. My Dad lost it. Kim was intimately involved in the treatment of Grandma's wound and she knew that Grandma had been there for 5 straight hours. Grrrrr. No wonder my Dad lost it. She moved that day to a new facility. Her surgery is scheduled for the 15th of this month. How can we set up a system that allows for human beings to suffer needlessly? When is that ever okay?

3 comments:

Joe said...

Yeah, there's no possible excuse or reason except neglect. They're lucky your dad isn't the litigious type. Sorry man.

Hey, have you ever considered taking a recorder and interviewing her? Ten years from now you'll be glad you did.

Samson Agonistes said...

I've tried. She is not much for participating. I wish she would.

Diane said...

I think it's outrageous that anyone could treat another human being so poorly. Someone should be fired!! Living so many years and having such a rich history and to be treated like that in just not acceptable!