Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fatigue

I went to the Dr. today for chronic fatigue. As I sat there waiting for him to come into the room I busied myself anticipating questions he might ask me when it hit me. I'm never not tired. I'm preoccupied with things, I'm busy, but I could lay down anywhere and take a nap.

It sneaks up on you, over time, gradually. Then one day you realize the quality of your life is a struggle to maintain, that you haven't read a book in awhile, that your discretionary time is less and less, that mustering the energy to do anything valuable, anything other than veg out is more than you care to muster. It's insidious really.

So he sent me for X-rays, blood work and a sleep study. I've heard they put wires all over you and ask you to sleep. Honestly, I don't think I'll have a problem.

No comments: