Thursday, February 26, 2009

Basketball

Tonight my lungs burned as I gasped for air. Man am I far gone.

In the first five seconds I was on the court I got shoved and fell down. My body would not obey, my limbs were heavy and sluggish. I fell down like an old, decrepit man and banged my elbow. I immediately thought it might be a sign.

When I walked onto the court the score was 18 to 13. When I walked off at half-time the score was 18 to 32. I tried to convince myself it didn't have anything to do with me, but my first two passes were intercepted and after that I didn't get the ball much. Actually, it was kind of like we were playing with four guys instead of five. I enjoyed the exercise and tried to play up the illusion that I was foiling the other teams plans instead of my teams plans. I don't think it came off well.

After the game the guys were talking about practicing. They went on for awhile about how the defense moves and adjusts, about how the offense moves and adjusts. I'll admit, I didn't get a lot of it. I guess I'm down for practicing.

All I'm going to say is that is what they get if they are going to invite anyone out and say it's just for fun. I did have fun though I want to get better for their sakes. We got whooped by 50 points. Embarrassing.

No comments: