Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Economy Stinks

The 800+ Billion dollar stimulus package passed the Senate today so I guess it's a done deal. I hope it's less of a debacle than the last stimulus package. We did our part to stimulate the economy and bought furniture 50% off.

At Fast and Testimony meeting two Sunday's ago in San Diego an Area Authority shared something from the First Presidency. They said if we will pay a full tithe, a generous fast offering and do our Visiting and Home Teaching that we will weather this economic difficulty.

That's good to know. I've been anxious about work lately. Things feel very dim, I don't want to be a lay-off, but I am in the building products industry. We've been told that housing starts are below depression era numbers and there are 3 times as many people today.

I'm grateful to have prophets, seers, and revelators today. The programs are simple, it just usually our execution that stinks.

No comments: