Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big Fat Baby

Today on the way home from church we were discussing wg3's size at birth. 11lbs. 5oz. I told him he was the biggest baby anybody remembers in our family. I told him nurses came from all over the hospital to see him because he was so big. I told him he had a big fat head and big fat cheeks. He had big fat arms, big fat legs and a big fat belly.

dg5 chimes in, "I remember that. Did anybody come from all over the hospital to see me?" ***an innocent conversation turns into a fast car on a hairpin turn***

Fortunately wg3 chimed in with a question. "Dad?" "Yes." "Um. Dad did I have big fat boobies like you?" It wasn't the salvation I was looking for, but it served it's purpose. "That's it, you're gonna get it when we get home pal," I tell him. Both boys giggle.

I really have to do something about my weight. I guess I was just thinking I'd wait until after the holidays, but maybe 11 months is too long to wait to start.

No comments: