Thursday, May 15, 2008

What am I doing here?

I'm new to blog. I like the venue. I hate my post about Weisel's book Night. It feels like I'm pretending to know something. I won't write because I feel I have to say something again. I'm deleting the post, but want to say one true thing. The events in Weisel's book are terrifying. That one human could perpetrate those crimes against another is unconscionable to me. I can't imagine what Weisel went through might be like. My hope is no one who might read this will ever be able to either.

Here is a link about Weisel and a couple of more stories about life in camps that I found insightful. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote a book called One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich or you might try Life is Beautiful starring Roberto Benigni. Peace.

No comments: