Monday, April 27, 2009

A Sealing

Two Saturdays past we had the privilege of witnessing a family come together in the Temple to be sealed. This is one year after baptism. A father returned, an eldest son baptized, a few weeks later a mother baptized and after that, the youngest son was baptized. Having remained true to their covenants they made the trip and find themselves now on the highest path a family can take, a path whose destination resides in eternity, the path home.

I loved to be with them in the Temple. The Temple is evidence of Christ's sacrifice, of His Atonement and of His love for us all. The Temple stands as a witness that Heavenly Father sees what we can be, that he expects us to strive to meet the very highest standards, that we are expected to meet the full measure of our creation. I am grateful for the Wilkins. I am grateful for the Temple. I am grateful for my family. Today my joy is full.

No comments: