Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Love My Country

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of patriot I fancy myself. To this point in my life I have been an armchair patriot. I vote. I have opinions. Beyond that I am acted upon by my political system and the truth is I think it's busted. I feel like the system has been infiltrated by special interest and career politicians to reap and hoard for themselves with little thought for their country. I'm ashamed of many of them.

I believe this is a Nation under God. I love the pledge of allegiance and my politics dictate that we should welcome everyone through the legal immigration process, but if they want our Nation under God to cater to them we should explain it doesn't work that way. The God we are a Nation under is not Allah or Buddha or anybody else for that matter. He is a Christian God, the God of our Founding Fathers. If they want religion we should respect it, but they can be offended somewhere else. This is the Nation I believe in.

This Nation under God does not believe in abortion and does not provide monies to Mexico for abortions either. We believe in peace and oppose tyranny, not in ideology, but on the ground with troops. Our good men and women give their lives continually in the service of their Nation under God.

This Nation under God is a nation of Marriage between one man and one woman. There is no other definition of Marriage, there was not from the foundation of this country, the fight to change that sacred definition is tyranny. If a person's sexual orientation is same sex they wave the right in their union to legal recognition a Marriage. It is not Marriage, it never has been. Accommodating same sex unions under the title of Marriage is tyranny. Nearly the entire Nation under God has said so, let it be so. Gay rights? Since when is sexual preference the basis of a right in the United States?

I get not discriminating, not heckling, not demeaning, not hurting. Leave them be, but do not let them dictate what constitutes Marriage. God had done that and it is not for men to undo.

I feel a sense of urgency to participate in opposition to government intervention in business. Recently the President pressured the head of GM to resign on the threat of withholding bailout money. The money should never have been offered in the first place. We have a free market society, let em sink. Behind them is another company and better ideas, spirit and will. AIG, GM, Ford, Chrysler, we'll miss you, thanks and se la vi. This is what happens in a free market and the fallout has never been as bad as we've at first anticipated, never. Americans still retain the desire to succeed, we will survive. Let the free market work. When the capitalist soil is tilled, and the manure of old machinery mixes, new companies will spring up.

No comments: