Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ugggh. Please eat your dinner.

Tonight we broke new ground and it was awful. We're trying to teach the kids to eat what they're given for dinner. We don't want the little monkeys running the asylum and we're not short order cooks. Well tonight dg5 developed an aversion to the beans in chili. Chili he has eaten regularly for some time by the way.

I put my foot down and said he had to eat it or he couldn't get up. He protested and we went back and forth a little. Then he shed two tsunami size crocodile tears and I fell off of my game a little. I said he could get up, but that he couldn't have anything else to eat. It liked to rip my heart out. He looked at me respectfully, but defiant against hunger and simply said, "Well I'm gonna eat a lot of cereal in the morning."

In the end he picked around the beans and ate what wasn't suddenly distasteful to him and that was it. I hope he's up early, I'll fill our bowls and we'll eat together.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Trust me, that's a battle you can't win. Valiant effort, though.