Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A good kind of nuts

As I make a few entries here I've anesthetized the boys with Charlie Brown's Christmas - a classic, to me anyway. Dg5 wanders upstairs presumably bored.

"I want to spend time with you Dad."
*Awww* "Well right now I want to get in a few journal entries in my blog."
He climbs up in the chair between me and the keyboard and starts goofing around. I politely tell him he can do something else up here with me, but I want to finish this first. He obediently descends and begins to prance and dance around the room.
"I have an idea," he chants.
"What's that?"
"You put on music and I'll dance and you chase me." It's a thing we do.
"I have an idea," I retort. "You sit down and do a quiet activity with me while I finish."
"You don't love me," he says.
"Hah! I say. I'm not falling for that you little monkey," and I catch him, pull him tight and kiss him. "Nice try," I say.

Off in the distance we hear, "Wg3, do you want to help Mommy fix the table?" Immediately dg5 says, "I'll just go downstairs for awhile." I pursue because I know what he's thinking.

He's thinking he can get in on some of that Mommy time and rob wg3 of it at the same time. I hate to say it, but he's a devious monkey sometimes. I catch him readily and we wrestle on the bed. He escapes once and I give chase, catch him and toss him back on the bed. After a few minutes we look up and there are nh and wg3 watching us. I guess we were too loud. Anyway, they leave as quickly as they've come. It was a little weird and eventually dg5 went downstairs and here am I, doing what I wanted to do anyway.

No comments: