Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They Said It

"Dad, I'm not as good as Corey."
"Why do you say that dg5?"
"Cause his dad works with him to get more aggressive." - I'm the coach! How much more involved can you be? He's making great progress by the way.

At the Father-Son Campout
"Dad, you know why I wanted to climb to the top of this mountain?"
"No, why pal?"
"Cause you need the exercise."

Because I haven't been able to spend as much one on one with wg3 he said,
"Dad, when are we gonna do somethin' just you and me?"
"What do you want to do?"
"Go up on Mountain Lemmon."
"Okay, how about next Saturday?"
"Just you and me?"
"Yep."
"Okay, just you and me and Mom and Dg5."
"I thought you wanted just you and I?"
"I do and Mom and dg5."

Because wg3 wakes up with me early I try to say a morning prayer with him. Today, he resisted. "Wg3, what are you doing? I just want to say a prayer."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because you're gonna say one of your long ones."
"Okay, I won't."
"Okay, a short one."
"Okay."
Apparently I'm long winded even in prayer.

No comments: