Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nightmares

Two nights ago nh experienced a nightmare.
"How bad could it be," I said?
"You died of a heart attack."
"Oh. Yeah, that's pretty bad." I started working out again today.

Last night dg5 had a nightmare and came into our room.
"Can I sleep in here?"
"Sure," and I set him up on the floor.
At 3:45am I hear screaming, it's dg5.
"What? What is it?"
"I had a bad dream." Sobs.
"I'm sorry. Come here buddy." After a small reprieve, "What did you dream about?"
Every time I touched him he jumped, I mean he was spooked.
"We were in our car and there was a ghost sound in the back and it was coming up to the front."
"Well I'm sorry you're scared."
"Can I sleep there," pointing betwixt his mother and I.
"No, because if you do you're the only one that will get any sleep."
"I don't want to sleep on the floor anymore." He was still jumping if I touched him.
"Okay, little man. I'll sleep on the floor and you take my spot, okay?"
"Yeah. Sure."
"We're not going to make a habit of this little dude."
"Okay."
"Goodnight dg5, I love you."
"Love you Dad."
Hello floor, I hate you.

1 comment:

kateonbroadway said...

You're a good Dad. He'll remember that, you know.