Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oklahoma: A review

We saw km17s play last night. She has a powerful voice and nailed almost the whole thing. There was one, maybe two times when it seemed like maybe she wasn't breathing enough or something and her volume declined, but it was very rare. Her acting was very good and I thought she was right on through the whole performance.

Curly, the dude who played the lead was good enough, but he botched his lines a couple of times and when he turned his head I could barely hear him. I don't think it was all him, I think my hearing is going. (Great, I'll be blind and deaf.)

This is the troop's 5th season at the Red Barn and though it was a small theater it was a very entertaining evening. The strobe light scene freaked me out a little though.

The director was very nice and expressed some reservations about the grumpy old man km17 will be working for in Carousel.

Afterwards I asked km17 about school. She says she's not failing anything. I thought that was too low a standard. She hasn't taken any tests and so no grades except in honors English where she has two Bs and an A-. I'll be interested to see how it all shakes out.

No comments: