Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Am Chameleon

I just got back from Ohio where I attended my Grandma Daisy's funeral. I've recognized that my behavior changes there, my language is a little worse, my jokes are a little worse, my conversations a little more risque.

There is something to be said for immersing myself in a community that expects more from me. I can rise to that, but oh when I'm among a community that doesn't really care. I don't mean to say they're bad or evil, the difference just doesn't matter to them.

It's disheartening really, to expect you're a certain way and to find out it's not true no matter what, that your character will flux to the expectations of your society. I must try harder.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Don't worry too much Big G:) We all love you the way you are!