Sunday, September 7, 2014

GML 3 More pronunciations and definitions

GML3 says of things that might cut him, "Dad, will that sharpen me?"  Lately we've been trying to explain that you see lightning and hear thunder (which he pronounces Dunder). I think he's starting to get that you hear thunder and see lightning.  He thinks if you get struck by lightning, because it's electricity, that it will turn you into a light bulb.  This monsoon season he is finding dark clouds a little scary and he points them out whenever he sees one.  When we're driving he points out American flags and school buses.  He's very observant and very sweet.
I've just started coaching his soccer team.  He's one of the youngest.  At the first game he was hurt that the other kids were pushing him and he intermittently stood still and cried.  I'm not sure what to do about his shock over the fact that kids will push.  I'm hoping he'll toughen up this season.  He's also begun preschool and he enjoys it.  It is wonderful that he's my son.

No comments: