Sunday, June 2, 2013

Warms my heart

I came home from work late one day this week.  When I pulled up WG7 was swinging from a tree and DG9 was laying on the concrete under the stoop.  On the sidewalk up to the front door was a foot stool and a few things a 7 year old needs to pass the time.  I opened my truck door and the boys came running over to me.  "What are you guys doing?"  "I've been waiting out here for hours for you to come home," says WG7.  I was touched.  "Yeah, and I came out later," says DG9.  They're out of school, they're bored, but still it was very sweet and I felt loved. 

A few days later I was helping WG7 take out the garbage.  Out of the blue he says to me, "Dad, you're a kind Dad."  I thanked him and promptly denied it because I want him to be a kinder, more loving father than I've been.  But again, I felt loved.

Children are an heritage of the Lord.  And happy is the man whose quiver is full of them. 

Amen.

No comments: