Monday, August 3, 2009

Tireful

Today after kindergarten I asked dg5 what was his favorite part of kindergarten. He said, "The ice cream." "You got ice cream after school," I said, "What about during school?" "I don't know," he said. Hmmmm.

Everyone called to see how his day went. When his sister called he noted that the day was, "tireful." His mother thought this was cute and kept using it. I explained that he'd never get out of kindergarten if she didn't stop.

Dg5 told his mother he was playing in the sandbox and that the other kids kept running through a watch he was making for Lizzy out of the sand. None of the kids would play with him he said. His mom said just to introduce himself and ask if the kids wanted to play. He said it makes him nervous. It's time to learn some coping skills little man. Maybe they'll be the most important things you learn in school. Dear Heavenly Father, please bless him that those skills may come quickly.

I overheard dg5 talking to PaPa YD. dg5 was asked if he learned anything. dg5 said, "I learned one thing," a pause, "I learned how to kiss my brain." Who knows where he gets that from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that your boys will provide me all the laughter and entertainment a sister could ever hope for in a lifetime